Frederick Memorial Hospital will work with their uninsured patients to
gain an understanding of each patient’s financial resources.
- Those patients that meet the criteria of Frederick Memorial Hospital’s
financial assistance policy may receive assistance from Frederick Memorial
Hospital in paying their bill.
- Frederick Memorial Hospital will provide assistance with enrollment in
publicly-funded entitlement programs (e.g. Medicaid) or other considerations
of funding that may be available from other charitable organizations.
- If you do not qualify for Medical Assistance, or financial assistance,
you may be eligible for an extended payment plan for your hospital medical bills.
- If you believe you have been wrongly referred to a collection agency, you
have the right to contact the hospital to request assistance. (See contact
Frederick Memorial Hospital believes that its patients have personal responsibilities
related to the financial aspects of their healthcare needs. Our patients
are expected to:
- Pay the hospital bill in a timely manner if they have the ability to pay.
- Contact the hospital immediately if the patient cannot afford to pay the
bill in full and seek assistance in resolving their outstanding balance.
- Provide complete and accurate insurance & financial information.
- Provide requested data to complete Medicaid applications in a timely manner.
- Maintain compliance with established payment plan terms.
- Notify us immediately at the number listed below of any changes in circumstances.
Call 240-566-3055 with questions concerning:
- Your hospital bill
- Your rights and obligations with regards to your hospital bill
Call 240-566-4781 with questions concerning:
- How to apply for Maryland Medicaid
- How to apply for free or reduced care
For information about Maryland Medical Assistance
Contact your local department of Social Services
- TTY 1-800-925-4434
Physician charges are not included on hospitals bills and are billed separately
by the physician.
Click here to download the Policy
Apply Online for Financial Assistance
Frederick Memorial Hospital has a Financial Assistance Program available
for patients who find that they are unable to pay all or part of their
medical bills. This program is based on the Federal Income Guidelines
of the household, assets owned by the household, and household size.
You will receive a reply within two business days of the submission of
your financial assistance request. If additional information and/or documentation
is required, we will contact you by phone or mail within two business days.
You will be notified in writing of the decision regarding this application
within 30 days of the submission of your application. If you have any
questions or concerns about your application, please contact us at 240-566-4602.
Click here to download the application