Research shows that the practice of yoga increases strength, flexibility,
balance, vitality, energy, and improves overall physical and mental awareness.
Research also shows a decrease in blood pressure, blood sugar, heart rate,
and overall injury occurrence. Regardless of your fitness level, yoga
is meant to be healing, strengthening, relaxing, empowering, and calming.
The beauty of Yoga is that it is modifiable; meaning that any pose done
on the flood can also be done in a chair.
Prenatal yoga is designed to provide all of the benefits of yoga at a time
when taking care of your mind and body is extremely important. While there
are many benefits to practicing yoga during pregnancy, here are 5 reasons
we think you’ll love prenatal yoga!
- Participants will be encouraged to focus on breathing techniques during
classes which may help to reduce or minimize shortness of breath and shallow
breathing during contractions.
- Can help to reduce anxiety and stress that is likely accompanied with pregnancy.
Because participants are asked to focus on their breath, they are able
to relax their muscles and mind.
- May decrease low back pain which can be common during pregnancy. The gentle
stretching may help to relieve tight muscles or aches that could occur
during pregnancy, especially in the second and third trimester.
- Studies show decreased nausea and headaches and improved sleep patterns.
- Participants will learn calming techniques that can help during the painful
process of labor.
Prenatal Yoga at ProMotion Fitness+ is held on Tuesdays at 5:45 p.m. Call
click here to learn more.