What does being an MD Anderson Cancer Network certified physician mean?
Whether you've been previously diagnosed, would like a second opinion
or simply want to learn more, we're here for you. This collaboration
provides certified physicians with access to evidence-based guidelines
and treatment plans developed by MD Anderson experts. These are disease-specific
guidelines for cancer treatment, prevention, early detection and follow-up
care, bringing new hope to local patients.
FRHS's 13 participating, certified physicians include medical, surgical
and radiation oncologists who treat cancer patients at their office locations
and Frederick Memorial Hospital.
In addition to the best practices and expert resources, this affiliation
brings to our cancer team, Frederick Regional Health System also provides
specially trained nurse navigators and supportive programs free to anyone
affected by cancer.
- Dr. Mark S. Soberman, Medical Director, Oncology Service Line
- Dr. Susan Bahl, Breast Surgery
- Dr. N. Eric Carnell, Endocrine and Thyroid Specialist
- Dr. Elhamy D. Eskander, Medical Oncology
- Dr. Gregory Gagnon, Radiation Oncology
- Dr. Mark Goldstein, Medical Oncology
- Dr. Andrew Harbin, Urology Surgery
- Dr. Ann Marie Hugh, Breast Surgery
- Dr. Patrick J. Mansky, Medical Oncology Director
- Dr. Brian O'Connor, Medical Oncology
- Dr. Maurice Smith, Thoracic Surgery
- Dr. Kambiz Tajkarimi, Urology Surgery
- Dr. Meredith Wernick, Radiation Oncology
- Dr. John L. Zapas, Medical Director, Surgical Oncology
Patients can talk to their doctor or call the FRHS Cancer Center at 301-418-6465
for additional information.