Opening Soon—James M Stockman Cancer Institute
The Cancer Care You Need, Close to Home
On July 31st, Frederick Regional Health System (FRHS) opens the doors of
the James M Stockman Cancer Institute. This convenient, comforting, and
comprehensive healing environment combines world-class resources with
local treatment by our physicians, who are certified by
MD Anderson Cancer Network®, a national leader in cancer care.
This is Frederick County’s first and only comprehensive cancer care
institute to offer leading-edge technologies and cancer treatment, as
well as multidisciplinary and patient-centered care, all under one roof.
It’s the same oncology experts and compassionate care you’ve
come to expect from FRHS, now with a world-class space to match.
Local Treatment, National Resources
Located on the
Rose Hill campus*, this beautiful and carefully designed environment by Gilbane Building
Company promotes healing and relaxation, and brings a new level of experience
and compassionate cancer care to the Frederick community.
The new institute is nearly twice the size of the existing facility, housing
everything that patients fighting cancer and their families need—all
in one convenient, easily accessible location. Patients can take advantage
of outstanding offerings like:
- A nurse navigator program available to patients and families to help ease
anxieties and provide much-needed support throughout their cancer journeys
- Added support services, including financial counseling and cancer education programs
- An entire floor devoted to alternative, complementary therapies, including
yoga, nutrition counseling, acupuncture, massage, and mindfulness/meditation,
in addition to traditional medicine
- An infusion center that looks out on a healing garden and creates an environment
that will enhance our patients’ emotional and spiritual wellbeing
- The same great physicians and care, now with more space
Two Leaders, One Mission: #endcancer
FRHS is the first and only hospital in Maryland to be a certified member
of MD Anderson Cancer Network®, a program of MD Anderson Cancer Center.
A national leader in cancer care, MD Anderson’s mission is to eliminate
cancer through focused care, research, education, and prevention.
As a certified member, FRHS has met certain qualifications that align with
those of one of the world’s most respected cancer centers. Patients
of the new James M Stockman Cancer Institute can expect:
- A multidisciplinary team of care providers
- Collaborations between our physicians and MD Anderson experts
- Disease-specific, evidence-based guidelines, treatment plans, and best practices
- Leading-edge research from across the nation
- Second opinions from nationally recognized physicians certified by the
network at FRHS
- The latest, most advanced treatment options
To schedule your appointment with our MD Anderson certified physicians,
call 301-418-6465 today.
The James M Stockman Institute was developed for the community by the community,
paid for almost exclusively by donors. Thank you to the generous financial
support of individuals, local businesses and foundations, and friends
in the community for making this dream facility a reality!
*The Women’s Center and Breast Center remain at our Crestwood location.