MD Anderson Cancer Network Affiliate
FRHS is a certified member of MD Anderson Cancer Network
Frederick Regional Health System is the 14th healthcare system to be selected
to join MD Anderson Cancer Network®, a program of MD Anderson Cancer
Center. We are the only health system in the state of Maryland to become
a certified member.
This affiliation combines the best of what we do locally with the expertise
of a national leader. Our cancer specialists have direct access to consult
and collaborate with MD Anderson physicians when needed.
We follow best practices in cancer treatment, prevention, early detection
and follow-up care – as developed by one of the world's leading
cancer care providers.
We will be able to more rapidly adopt innovative treatment plans based
on the latest guidelines. Being a certified member of MD Anderson Cancer
Network brings hope and a new standard of cancer care to our community.
Through this collaboration, our patients can now benefit from two leading
teams with one mission: to end cancer.
Learn more about MD Anderson Cancer Network
What does being an MD Anderson Cancer Network certified physician mean?
Whether you've been previously diagnosed, would like a second opinion
or simply want to learn more, we're here for you. This collaboration
provides certified physicians with access to evidence-based guidelines
and treatment plans developed by MD Anderson experts. These are disease-specific
guidelines for cancer treatment, prevention, early detection and follow-up
care, bringing new hope to local patients.
FRHS's 10 participating, certified physicians include medical, surgical
and radiation oncologists who treat cancer patients at their office locations
and Frederick Memorial Hospital.
In addition to the best practices and expert resources, this affiliation
brings to our cancer team, Frederick Regional Health System also provides
specially trained nurse navigators and supportive programs free to anyone
affected by cancer.
For more information, read our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Dr. Mark S. Soberman, Medical Director, Oncology Service Line
- Dr. Susan Bahl, Breast Surgery
- Dr. Elhamy D. Eskander, Medical Oncology
- Dr. Gregory Gagnon, Radiation Oncology
- Dr. Mark Goldstein, Medical Oncology
- Dr. Andrew Harbin, Urology Surgery
- Dr. Ann Marie Hugh, Breast Surgery
- Dr. Patrick J. Mansky, Medical Oncology Director
- Dr. Brian O'Connor, Medical Oncology
- Dr. Maurice Smith, Thoracic Surgery
- Dr. Kambiz Tajkarimi, Urology Surgery
- Dr. Meredith Wernick, Radiation Oncology
- Dr. John L. Zapas, Medical Director, Surgical Oncology
Patients can talk to their doctor or call the FRHS Cancer Center at 301-418-6465
for additional information.