Center for Diabetes and Nutrition Services
7211 Bank Court
Frederick, Maryland 21703
Do you have diabetes?
If you have diabetes, our staff will evaluate, educate and support you.
The FMH Diabetes Program offers a 10-hour education program that includes:
- An initial consult to evaluate and teach you how to better control your
diabetes. You will also learn carbohydrate counting and blood sugar testing
- Your second visit will be with a Dietitian who will help with meal planning
and weight management.
- Next you will enroll in our diabetes classes. These comprehensive classes
will help you understand the different aspects of diabetes and teach you
how to take control.
- Individual diabetes education is available.
For patients with pre-diabetes, a one-on-one consult with a Dietitian
will help you understand carbohydrate counting and meal planning. The
purpose of this consult is to reduce your risk of developing diabetes.
Insurance coverage varies and cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your
insurance company regarding your benefits.
Our staff will assist you with diabetes during your pregnancy. You will
have a consult with our specialists for carbohydrate counting and meal
planning. It is important during your pregnancy to keep your blood sugar
under control, and we are here to help you.
The FMH Center for Diabetes and Nutrition Services accepts most insurances.
As a new patient coming into our program be sure to have a Physician Order
Form from your referring doctor. We ask that you call ahead to your insurance
company to make sure you understand your benefits for diabetes education
and nutritional counseling.
What to Bring to Your Initial Consult
- Your glucose meter and readings
- Physician order form / referral / insurance cards
- Your recent blood work results
- List of your medications