Women's Interventional Procedures
We believe that women deserve to come to a special place designed just
for them, where they can receive the highest quality of compassionate care.
Within Women’s Interventional Radiology minimally invasive procedures
are performed using image guidance. This is done for diagnostic and/or
Before your exam
- A nurse will call you in advance of your procedure. The nurse will explain
the exam to you, how to prepare for your exam, and where to arrive for
procedure. The nurse will be happy to answer questions you may have.
- Please bring a list of any medications you are currently taking.
- When you arrive for the procedure, a board-certified radiologist will meet
with you to further explain the procedure, answer your questions, and
obtain your permission to perform the procedure.
During your exam
- You may be given medications to numb your skin.
- You will asked to lie still but can speak with the staff during the exam.
- You may have a post exam mammogram to verify location of the biopsy or
After the exam
- If needed, the nurse will place a clean dressing over the site.
- The nurse will give you instructions before you are discharged.
- All biopsy samples from your procedure will be sent to FMH Pathology and
interpreted by a board-certified pathologist. The printed results will
be sent to your ordering physician.
- Your exam will be interpreted by a board-certified radiologist and printed
results will be sent to your ordering physician.