FMH Auxiliary Prenatal Center
Caring for your unborn child is one of the most important things you can
do to make sure you deliver a healthy baby.
The FMH Auxiliary Prenatal Center is located on the first floor of Frederick Memorial Hospital, in the BirthPlace lobby (on the Trail Avenue side of the hospital). All patients must be Frederick County residents. The Center does not accept walk-in patients. You can call us at 240-566-4444 to schedule an appointment Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
We accept uninsured patients as well as patients with select Medicaid MCOs and medical assistance. Financial counseling and assistance is available.
The FMH Auxiliary Prenatal Center provides outpatient prenatal care through Certified Nurse Midwives (CNM). Inpatient care, such as deliveries, take place in the FMH BirthPlace with on-call obstetricians.
Women who have regular prenatal checkups give birth to babies who are:
- of normal size and weight
- likely to remain healthy and strong as they grow.
During your prenatal visit, your healthcare provider will:
- teach you about your pregnancy
- monitor your health and the growth of your baby
- screen you for any health problems (like diabetes)
- refer you to support groups and services such as the WIC program and childbirth classes