Tours for Twos and Threes
We offer tours of the FMH BirthPlace designed specifically for 2-3-year-old sisters- and brothers-to-be. This is a wonderful way to acquaint siblings with the hospital before the newborn's arrival. Children receive a personalized teddy bear name sticker. They are photographed for the Small Wonder showcase located in the BirthPlace. We stop by the newborn nursery to take a peek at the brand new babies and then visit a postpartum patient room just like the one Mom will have after the baby is born. Children also receive a "Big Brother" or "Big Sister" certificate and stickers as well as a book. Children must be at least 2 years old to participate. Both parents are encouraged to attend this approximately 40-minute tour with their child. $25/child - call 240-566-4367 to register.
This is a special class for children ages 4-7 to help them prepare for the arrival of a new baby sister or brother. Your child will:
- learn how to properly hold & diaper baby by practicing with dolls
- see a movie about a new baby joining the family
- be photographed for the Small Wonder showcase located on the BirthPlace (after the baby's arrival, the photo may then be placed in newborn's bassinet!)
- take a peek at the newborns through nursery window!
- discuss infant safety
- receive a gift bag created especially for new siblings!
Small Wonder classes are held monthly on a Saturday morning. $40.00 (includes materials) - call 240-566-4367 to register.
*Pre-registration is required