Thank you for your interest in pursuing a job shadow/healthcare observer experience at Frederick Memorial Hospital.
FMH’s primary goal is to ensure patient safety and privacy; because of this, we require the following application process:
- Download the required job shadow/healthcare observer forms. That would include the FMH Mentor Agreement the HIPAA Training Observers/Vendors, the Non-Computer Access Version, the Under 18 Release, and the FMH Job Shadow/Healthcare Observer Tip Sheet. Please review the information, which is necessary prior to your participation in a job shadow at FMH, to ensure that you are prepared to apply for placement. Note particularly immunization requirements (TB and Flu Shot required).
- If you are interested in shadowing an FMH Physician, CRNP or PA or you would like to shadow in the Operating Room, you are responsible for making this arrangement and completing the Mentor Agreement prior to submitting your application.
- A job shadow is for one (1) eight (8) hour shift only (could be broken into two (2) four (4) hour shifts).
- Paperwork for a job shadow must be in to FMH at least one (1) week prior to the date you want to shadow.
- Please understand that, depending on numerous factors, including patient and student volumes, placement is not guaranteed. You will be notified regarding the status of your application within one (1) to two (2) weeks of submitting it.
- Job shadow/healthcare observations are not permitted in the Pediatrics and Obstetrics units due to sensitive nature of cases.
- If you are seeking employment with FMH, please complete our online job application for the position you are interested in (at the manager’s discretion a job shadow may be scheduled as part of the interview process).
If you are prepared to meet all requirements, please complete the Job Shadow/Healthcare Observer Application.