You don’t have to travel far to get a second opinion based on the
latest cancer research.
After finding out that you have cancer, it’s common to feel a lot
of uncertainty. But you should never feel uncertain about your diagnosis
or treatment options. Getting a second opinion will give you a better
understanding of your diagnosis, the best treatment options for your specific
diagnosis, and reassurance that you’re on the right path.
Is it the right diagnosis? Is this the right treatment plan?
MD Anderson Certified Physicians are ready to help answer those questions at the Second Opinion Clinic.
- If you’ve been diagnosed with cancer and have seen a cancer specialist,
the Second Opinion Clinic can offer a fresh view of your diagnosis and
- We will work with you to obtain all of the records related to your cancer
and review them prior to your visit.
- You will be seen and evaluated by one of our MD Anderson Certified Physicians.
- At your follow up visit, your MD Anderson Certified Cancer Specialist will
offer you recommendations, incorporating treatment pathways, guidelines,
and peer to peer consultations with MD Anderson faculty.
- If our diagnosis or treatment plan differ from what you originally received,
we will explain why. While it is ultimately up to you and your primary
care physician to decide which options are best for you, the FRHS Oncology
team stands ready to help if you so choose.
Make an appointment with our Second Opinion Clinic.
FRHS Cancer Services Second Opinion Clinic is available at the
James M Stockman Cancer Institute to anyone who has been diagnosed with cancer.
Gain confidence in your next steps by calling
301-418-6465 to schedule your appointment.