Nutrition and fitness are integral parts of any cancer treatment plan.
Evidence shows that eating right, maintaining a healthy weight, and sticking
to a regular exercise plan helps to manage the side effects associated
with cancer treatment and decreases the risk of cancer recurrence. Join
the FMH Fitness and Nutrition for Survivors (FANS) program and let our experts help you:
- Establish a safe, medically-supervised exercise plan
- Rebuild your strength and energy levels
- Strengthen bones and decrease joint pain
- Prevent and manage lymphedema
- Improve your body image
- Network with other survivors
FANS participants receive personal assessments and customized exercise and
nutrition plans from a team of qualified experts, all with experience
and training tailored to working with cancer survivors. This unique program features:
- An individual lymphedema and movement screening with a certified lymphedema
- A fitness assessment and evaluation with our clinical staff that will include
baseline vitals and a detailed health history. In addition, you will have
an equipment orientation with frequent updates to your personalized exercise
program tailored to meet your goals.
- Unlimited use of ProMotion Fitness, FMH's state of the art medical
fitness facility, for 6 month term with regularly scheduled exercise program reviews.
- Multiple opportunities to network with other survivors during monthly educational
classes (including 2 sessions with a registered dietitian).
To learn more about how fitness and nutrition can reduce your risk of cancer
recurrence and improve your overall health, please call 240-215-1470 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll give you the tools you need to renew a healthy lifestyle,
and it’s all under one roof at FMH Crestwood.
*We are currently only accepting breast cancer survivors for
FANS. Patients with other cancer diagnoses can contact
ProMotion Fitness+ for information about starting an appropriate exercise program.