Helpful Books on Grief
Helping Children Cope
The Private Worlds of Dying Children.
Cassini, Kathleen & Rogers, Jacqueline.
Death and the Classroom: A Teacher's
Guide to Assist Grieving Students.
Crase, D.R. & Crase, D.
Helping Children Understand Death.
Helping the Grieving Student: A Guide for Teachers.
The Grieving Child; A Parent's Guide.
Grollman, Earl A.
Talking About Death: A Dialogue Between Parent and
Grollman, Earl & Johnson, Joy:
A Teenager's Book About Suicide.
The Caring Circle: Facilitator's Guide to Support Groups (goes
Help for Hard Times under Teen resources).
On Children and Death.
Growing Through Grief: A K-12 Curriculum to Help Young
People Through all Kinds of
Schaefer, Dan & Lyons, Christine.
How Do We Tell The Children, A
Parents Guide To Helping Children Understand And Cope
What Will We Do? Prepareing a School Community to
Cope with a Crisis. [temporarily out of stock]
When Someone Dies
Helping Children Cope With Grief.
Healing a Teen's Grieving Heart.
Nadia the Willful.
Nathan Were Here.
Blackburn, Lynn Bennett.
The Class In Room Forty-Fonr: When A
Blackburn, Lynn Bennett.
Timothy Duck: The Story of A Death Of
Blackburn, Lynn Bennett.
I Know I
Made it Happen: Children &
What is Death?
Something to Remember Me By.
Boulden, Jim and Joan.
Saying Goodbye: Bereavement Activity Book.
The Fall of Freddie the Leaf.
Clardy, Andrea F.
Dusty Was My Friend.
Had a Friend Named Peter.
Nana Upstairs and Nana Downstairs.
Thumpy's Story; A Story of Love and Grief Shared.
My Grandpa Died Today.
Goldstein, Ray and Jody.
A New Mother for Martha.
No New Baby.
The Next Place.
Why Did Grandpa Die?
When Someone Very Special Dies: Children Can Learn to
Cope with Grief.
When Something Terrible Happens.
Smith, Doris.A Taste of Blackberries.
A Quilt for Elizabeth.
The Tenth Good Thing About Barney.
The Velveteen Rabbit.
The Dying Child
Die Will I
On the Wings of a Butterfly.
A Fox in the Winter.
The Grieving Teen.
Goolman, Marilyn E.
When A Friend Dies.
Gravelle, K. and Haskins, C.
Teenagers Face to Face with Bereavement.
Grollman, Earl A.Straight Talk About Death For Teenagers.
Grollman, Earl A.
Living When a Young Friend Commits Suicide: Or even starts
Talking about it.
Help for the Hard Times: Getting Through Grief and Loss
Krementz, J. and Knopf, A.
How It Feels When a Parent Dies.
Janet and Me.
The Bridge to Terabithia.
When Death Walks In.
- Surviving the Death of Your Spouse: A Step-by-Step Workbook, by Deborah
- Caregiving, by Beth Witrogen McLeod
- Grief's Courageous Journey: A Workbook, by Sandi Caplan and Gordon Lang
- Life after Loss: A Practical Guide, by Bob Deits
- Chicken Soup for the Grieving Soul, by Jack Canfield and Mark Hanson
- Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life,
by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Unattended Sorrow: Recovering from Loss and Reviving the Heart, by Stephen Levine
- Surviving Grief and Learning to Live Again, by Catherine M. Saunders
- The Mourning Handbook, by Helen Fitzgerald
- Healing Your Grieving Heart: 100 Practical Ideas, by Alan D. Wolfelt
- Life Lessons, by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross and David Kessler
- How to Go On Living When Someone You Love Dies, by Therese A. Rando
- A Year to Live: How to Live This Year As If It Were Your Last, by Stephen Levine
- Letting Go With Love: The Grieving Process, by Nancy O'Connor
- The Dying Time: Practical Wisdom for the Dying and Their Caregivers, by
Joan Furman and David McNabb
- Companion Through the Darkness: Inner Dialogues on Grief, by Stephanie Ericsson
- Don't Let Death Ruin Your Life: A Practical Guide, by Jill Brooke
- A Time to Grieve: Meditations for Healing, by Carol Staudacher
- Too Soon Old Too Late Smart: Thirty True Things You Need to Know Now, by
- Grieving Mindfully: A Compassionate and Spiritual Guide to Coping with
Loss, by Sameet M. Kumar
- When your Spouse Dies, by Cathleen L. Curry
- Five Good Minutes: 100 Morning Practices to Help You Stay Calm and Focused
All Day Long, by Jeffrey Brantley and Wendy Millstine
- Healing After Loss: Daily Meditations for Working through Grief, by Martha
- Gay Widowers: Life After the Death of a Partner, by Michael Shernoff (Editor)
- A Journey Through Grief: Gentle, Specific Help, by Aila Renee Bozarth
- The Grief Recovery Handbook, by John W. James and Russell Friedman
- Ambiguous Loss: Learning to Live with Unresolved Grief, by Pauline Boss
- The Precious Present, by Spencer Johnson
- Life After Loss: Conquering Grief and Finding Hope, by Raymond A. Moody,
Jr. and Dianne Arcangel
- Writing to Heal the Soul: Transforming Grief and Loss Through Writing,
by Susan Zimmerman
- In Lieu of Flowers: A Conversation for the Living, by Nancy Cobb
- The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, by Sogyal Rinpoche
- Seven Choices: Finding Hope after Loss Shatters Your World, by Elizabeth
- Grieving the Death of a Mother, by Harold Ivan Smith
- I'm Grieving As Fast As I Can, by Linda Sones Feinberg
- Sibling Grief: Healing after the Death of a Sister or Brother, by P. Gill White
- Good Grief: Healing Through the Shadow of Loss, by Deborah Morris Coryell
- Grace for Grief: Daily Comfort for Those Who Mourn, by Michael and Brenda Pink
- Angel Catcher,by Kathy Eldon and Amy Eldon Turteltaub
- When Parents Die by Rebecca Abrams
- The Healing Power of Love: Transcending the Loss of a Spouse to a New Love,
by Gloria Lintermans and Marilyn Stoltzman
- Loss and Found: How We Survived the Loss of a Young Spouse, by Gary and
- Books by John Edward
- Motherless Daughters: The Legacy of Loss, by Hope Edelman
- Water Bugs and Dragonflies: Explaining Death to Young Children, by Doris Stickney
- A Grace Disguised: How the Soul Grows through Loss, by Jerry Sittser
- No Time For Goodbyes: Coping with Sorrow, Anger, and Injustice After a
Tragic Death, by Janice Harris Lord
- I Wasn't Ready To Say Goodbye: Surviving, Coping and Healing after
the Sudden Death of a Loved One by Brook Noel and Pamela D. Blair, PhD
- Widow to Widow by Genevieve Davis Ginsburg
- Finding Your Way through Grief: A Guide for the First Year by Marty Tousley
- Healing the Adult Child's Grieving Heart: 100 Practical Ideas After
Your Parent Dies, by Alan D. Wolfelt, PhD
- Healing the Adult Child's Grieving Heart by Alan D. Wolfelt
- How to Survive Your Grief When Someone You Love Has Died by Susan Fuller
- Seven Choices: Finding Daylight After Loss Shatters Your World by Elizabeth
- Facing the Ultimate Loss: Confronting the Death of a Child by Robert J.
Marx and Susan Wengerhoff Davidson
- The Ultimate Loss: Coping with the Death of a Child by Joan Bordow
- Two Kisses for Maddy: A Memoir of Loss and Love by Matthew Logelin
- A Widow's Story: A Memoir by Joyce Carol Oates
- Night Falls Fast: Understanding Suicide by Kay Redfield Jamieson
- Love Never Ends by Connie Martin and Barry Dundas
- Healing Through the Dark Emotions: The Wisdom of Grief, Fear and Despair
by Miriam Greenspan
- Loving from the Outside In, Mourning from the Inside Out by Alan D. Wolfelt
- Happily Even After: A Guide to Getting Through (and Beyond) The Grief of
Widowhood by Carole Brody Fleet
- The Wild Edge of Sorrow: Rituals of Renewal and the Sacred Work of Grief
by Francis Weller
- Stunned by Grief: Remapping Your Life When Loss Changes Everything by Judy
- Gaining Traction - Starting Over After the Death of Your Life Partner by
- Colors of Loss and Healing: An Adult Coloring Book for Getting Through
Tough Times by Deborah S. Derman
- Grief Diaries: How to Help The Newly Bereaved by Linda Cheldelin Fell, et al
- Hope and Healing for Transcending Loss: Daily Meditations for Those Who
Are Grieving by Ashley Davis Bush
- The Tender Scar: Life After the Death of a Spouse by Richard L. Mabry
- A Gift of Love: A Widow's Memoir by Linda Della Donna
- Passed and Present: Keeping Memories of Loved Ones Alive by Allison Gilbert
- Tears to Triumph: The Spiritual Journey from Suffering to Enlightenment
by Marianne Williamson
- Grief Is A Journey: Finding Your Path Through Loss by Kenneth J. Doka
- Grieving with Hope: Finding Comfort as You Journey Through Loss by Samuel
J. Hodges and Kathy Leonard
- When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
- Grief One Day At A Time: 365 Meditations to Help You Heal After Loss by
- The Gift of Second: Healing from the Impact of Suicide by Brandy Lidbeck
- Being There for Someone in Grief by Marianna Cacciatori
- Option B: Facing Adversity, Building Resilience, and Finding Joy by Sheryl
Sandberg and Adam Grant
- Never Long Enough by Rabbi Joseph Krakoff and Dr. Michelle Sider
- A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis
- Bearing The Unbearable: Love, Loss, and the Heartbreaking Path of Grief
by Joanne Cacciatore
- Ruthless Grieving: The Journey to Acceptance and Beyond by Susan Powers
- Getting Grief Right: Finding Your Story of Love in The Sorrow of Loss by
Patrick O'Malley and Tim Madigan
- We Get It: Voices of Grieving College Students and Young Adults by Heather
Servaty-Seib and David Fajgenbaum
- Life After the Diagnosis: Expert Advice on Living Well with Serious Illness
for Patients and Caregivers by Steven Z. Pantilat, MD
- It's OK That You're Not OK: Meeting Grief and Loss in a Culture
That Doesn't Understand by Megan Devine
- One Mindful Day at a Time: 365 Daily Meditations for Living in the Now
by Alan D. Wolfelt
- A to Z Healing Toolbox: A Practical Guide for Navigating Grief and Trauma
with Intention by Susan Hannifin-MacNab
For more information or to reach out to our staff directly, please contact
our offices by calling (240) 566-3030.