We believe that women deserve to come to a special place designed just
for them, where they can receive the highest quality of compassionate care.
Digital Mammography is an x-ray exam of the breast that helps provide early
detection of breast cancer.
Before your exam
Please do not wear deodorant or antiperspirant. We can provide that for
you after your exam is completed.
During your exam
- You will be given a gown to change into in a private dressing room.
- The technologist will obtain your personal breast health and history from you.
- A pad will be placed on the machine to minimize your discomfort. In order
to obtain the best quality images for the radiologist, your breast tissue
will need to be compressed for a short time. We routinely need two views
of each breast for the initial exam.
- We offer the Genius 3D Digital Mammography exam that provides you with
the latest technology in breast imaging. This breast tomosynthesis allows
greater accuracy and earlier detection than the 2D Mammography exam. FMH
also utilizes C view software, which allows the radiation dose to stay
comparable to a traditional 2D Mammogram. Please contact your insurance
carrier to verify 3D Mammography benefits prior to your exam.
- An onsite board-certified radiologist will review your images to determine
if additional mammogram images or an ultrasound is needed. In most cases,
we are able to perform them the same day.
After your exam
- A certified breast imaging navigator will discuss with you any breast intervention
that is recommended by the radiologist and can help facilitate the process for you.
- Your exam will be interpreted by an onsite board certified radiologist.
You will receive a lay letter and your provider will be sent the results
in 2-3 business days.
Call 240-566-3400 to schedule your mammogram today!