Promoting Health and Fitness
FMH ProMotion Fitness+ supports the global Exercise is Medicine initiative. We will work with you and your healthcare provider to develop an exercise prescription tailored to your individual needs.
- Exercise and physical activity are clinically proven to be
important to health and the prevention and treatment
of many chronic diseases.
- We offer only the most highly qualified staff who are
degreed, certified or specialized to work with members
who are at risk for or who already have chronic disease.
The Most Highly Qualified Staff
We are committed to providing only the most highly qualified, degreed and credentialed staff. The American College of Sports Medicine differentiates those with a minimum of a bachelor's degree in Exercise Physiology and specific training as the "Gold Standard" when working with individuals who have or at risk for chronic disease. Degreed Exercise Specialists in combination with Registered Nurses, provide a standard of care and supervision unlike any other exercise facility in the region.
What Is Offered
- Personal attention and guidance as needed.
- Technogym aerobic and strength equipment that
allows us to:
- Develop a personalized electronic exercise prescription that you carry with you on a wellness key and insert into the exercise equipment to ensure an appropriate and safe experience.
- Track your individual progress towards reaching your goal.
- Provide feedback to your physician per your individual request and needs.
- Entry fitness assessment and re-assessment at 6 months and annually thereafter.
- Blood pressure and heart rate monitoring as needed.
- Blood Glucose monitoring for diabetes, if applicable.
Promoting Health & Fitness
Have you been thinking about starting an exercise program or has your healthcare provider been encouraging you to begin? If you are unsure about how to begin a safe and effective program or feel more comfortable under specialized supervision and guidance, FMH ProMotion Fitness+ provides a safe and supportive environment designed to partner with you in reaching your exercise goals.
Enrolling in Our Program
Call 240-215-1470 if you are interested in starting the program, want to schedule a tour, or need more information. If you have experienced a recent cardiac or pulmonary event, it is advised that you complete the FMH Cardiac or Pulmonary Rehabilitation program prior to enrolling in this program.
To contact the Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation program at FMH, please call 240-566-3229.
To serve Frederick County and surrounding communities by providing early intervention in preventing and/or managing chronic disease. We employ only the most highly qualified staff to work in collaboration with the healthcare provider and participant, offering tailored exercise prescription, education and support to help participants successfully achieve and maintain their healthy lifestyle goals.
Open Monday - Friday from 7-1 and 2-6 (closed from 1-2)
Saturday mornings from 7:30am-11:30am.
7211 Bank Court, Suite 220
Frederick, Maryland 21703